The most popular two questions I get when talking to people about Beautycounter are “what do you think I need?” and “what’s your daily regimen?” I obviously have no problem talking about Beautycounter’s products and mission all day, but for the sake of effectiveness, I thought I’d write a two part blog answering these questions. I very well may have already answered all the people who even care, but hey – a little beauty blog never hurt anyone, right?
So here is my answer to the products I think (almost) everyone needs. The great thing about Beautycounter is that there are so. many. options. There is literally something for every skin type, every skin concern, etc. I keep surprising myself by how much I love learning about what works best for every need to better help people use safe products to better their skin (I feel like your local Avon lady 😂). But these are the five products I swear by, that in my opinion would be good for anyone and everyone.
- Countermatch Lotion — Y’all. I’m never at a loss for words, but this product brings me close. I’m only about a week into using it, but I would swear by it until the cows come home. Using this super advanced bio-mimic technology that I don’t totally understand, Countermatch adapts to your skins hydration needs through the day to provide exactly what you need, and nothing that you don’t. For the longest time I’ve only used a serum after washing my face in the morning, because any lotions (even BC’s) made my combination/oily skin all oily before lunch. Countermatch leaves me feeling and looking perfectly balanced all day. Can you tell I’m obsessed yet? Currently out of stock (it sold out in a day), but it will be back soon!
- Charcoal Cleansing Bar — Remember when charcoal cleansers started to be all the rage and you were all like “what the heck is up with charcoal”? Me too. And then I bought this little beautiful bar and understood. Charcoal draws out bacteria, chemicals, dirt, all the nasty stuff to detox your skin and help clear up your complexion. Yes please 🙌🏻 This is the only one I would say isn’t for every single person. If you tend to have dry or sensitive skin, there are other, better cleansing options Beautycounter offers (nourishing cleanser, most likely).
- Balancing Facial Mask — If you’ve heard about Beautycounter, you’ve probably heard about the charcoal mask. The best thing about this little baby is that you can literally see it working. As soon as it starts to dry, you can see the places it’s pulling out oil and impurities – which is super satisfying. My skin instantly feels refreshed and so, so clean. Ideal for those with oily or clogged pores, but good for all skin types!
- Tint Skin Foundation — Tint skiiiin. This was the first Beautycounter product I ever bought, and what got me super hooked. You see, my Tarte foundation was the first product I ever ran through the EWG website, and I was a little freaked out to find out the product I was applying all over my entire face ranked as a very toxic 9. I knew I needed something safer, and that’s when I was introduced to Tint Skin. It comes in eight tones, and is a buildable foundation – with applications from sheer to medium.
- Mattifying Powder — I tell people all the time that every Louisiana girl needs a pot of this powder. I’ve never used a translucent powder before this one (I’ve always been a MAC pressed powder girl – also ranks very toxic), and I’ll admit I was skeptical. But come to find out, translucent is where it’s at. With the heat and humidity, a little shine is inevitable (but easier to keep at bay with Countermatch 😉), and applying a little of this powder during the day takes away any oil, but doesn’t add yet another layer of makeup for me to sweat through!
So these are my essential five. The five products I use every single day, that I swear by, and recommend for everyone. Feel free to click through the links to find out more about each products, and as always – get in touch with me if you want to talk more! A blog with my day and night skin care routine coming soon!